Thursday 20 October 2011

Finished model




I think this model has something common with me, but not 100% of course. I believe, if I had more time it would be much better, but for 5 week learning it is pretty good.

I could not see myself without eyes , so I created 2 spheres and applied to them the eye as a material which I could position with UVW map gizmo.











Then I was creating a bump map from the colour map.
I went to the photoshop, created a new layer and chose the grey colour. Then, I made a copy of the background layer and came to Layer-Ajustments-Disaturated, so it turned grey.

Later I came to Image-Ajustments-Levels, where I could make it lighter or darker.
















Finally, I went to Filter-Other-High pass.
















So, it was saved and rendered in 3Ds max. I clicked on bitmap and chose mix where was the colour 2, I clicked none and chose noise. I chose Fractal, changed the size to 0.001 and changed the mix amount to 100%. I also changed the noise map Tiling to 3. It made the material look better, but mine was not that good as the tutorial shows.

Followed tutorial:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~emaslows/forums/training_videos/digital_painting/PS_OMS-11_BumpPainting.mov




Later, I decided to make myself better hear as this looks a little bit weird.
So, I selected the hair with paint tool.

















And chose the hair in modify panel, which I could cut or comb later.
















I also created a morpher from my head model without material.


















First of all, I copied the head (clone as copy), or it can be done by holding shift. Then, I named them as ''open mouth'' and ''eyebrows''. Later on, I started to open the mouth in aditable poly using polygon selection and dragging it down. The same was done with the 3rd head moving the eyebrows. So, going back to the main head I went to the modify panel and selected Morpher.
On the right panel there were many icons named EMPTY, so I right clicked on it and selected the head I wanted- open mouth. So, if I made it from 0 to 100 the changes could be seen on the main head. The same was done with the eyebrows.
After all that, I clicked on the auto key and moving mouth and eyebrows on different minutes of the timeline made a video. I rendered it and saved as an AVI file.

No comments:

Post a Comment